Use coffee in your muffins to make them even tastier. Here are some of our favourite muffin recipes using coffee.
Coffee & Macadamia Muffins
1 ½ tsp ground excelso coffee
1 cup milk
4 tbsp butter
2 ½ cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup light sugar
1/2 cup macadamia nuts
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly grease muffin tin
- Put finely ground coffee in a jug. Heat milk to near-boiling and pour over coffee. Leave for 4 minutes then strain through a sieve.
- Add the butter to the coffee-flavoured milk mixture and stir until melted. Leave until cold.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar and chopped macadamia nuts. Add the egg to the cooled coffee-flavoured milk mixture, pour into dry ingredients and stir until just combined (do not over-mix).
- Put into muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes until firm.
Michael's Banana Coffee Muffins
1/3 cup melted butter
4 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tablespoons strong coffee
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly grease muffin tin - or use paper liners
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in sugar, egg, coffee and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour, mix until it is just incorporated.
- Fold in the chopped pecans
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.